Empty bags compactor is born from the need to collect and compress efficiently and into a limited space the empty bags coming out from bag emptying stations. This massively simplifies collecting and disposing operations of the bags.
Empty bags compactor is composed of a mild steel trough with a suitable painted coating or in stainless steel AISI 304 or AISI 316. The trough has a U section and is sectioned along the length in order to get an easier introduction and following compression of broken bags. The compactor is equipped with a direct drive.
On drive side, the compactor is equipped with an end bearing supporting plate fixed at trough end with a flanged coupling for bag compacting spiral. The other end of the trough is connected to a conical tube of increasing diameter making it possible for the compressed open bags to move on. On the end of this metallic pipe, a polyethylene pipe is applied for bags disposal.
Empty bags compactor receives fragments of bags or whole empty bags from a dedicated emptying station and compacts them decreasing their volume up to a maximum of about one eighth of original volume. Collected inside a tubular in polyethylene periodically cut and closed, broken bags can be easily disposed of with no powder spreading.
Performance and technical features – Advantages
- Construction material: Fe, AISI 304 L
- Complete with an adjustable ring for tensioning the tube of polyethylene inside which compacted bags fragments
- Direct drive
- Easy access to all parts of the machine thanks to its modular design
- High thickness spiral able to compact different types of bags
- Dismountable protection in respect of CE norms
- The compactor shall not be stopped to detach the polyethylene tube when full
- Coating in thermoplastic material suitable to facilitate bag compression phase
- Atex certification, zone 22