Pneumatic conveying in diluite phase
- Pneumatic conveying
- Pneumatic conveying in diluite phase
Here below a useful list of differentiating aspects between dense phase and diluite phase pneumatic conveying systems:
- In dense phase, conveying occurs always in pressure and batchwise
- In diluite phase, conveying can even occur in depression and with continuous feeding
- In dense phase, compressed air from general supply can be used with a reduced pressure between 1,5÷4 bar
- In diluite phase, the installation of some specific machines is necessary (suction fans or side channel blowers or lobe pumps) for air production, but with much more reduced pressure (max 1000 mbar). Moreover, diluite phase conveying requires in most cases the inclusion of other components for dosing of product to be conveyed (rotary valves – Venturi ejectors with a screw feeder).